How old is a ‘newborn’? The best age to photograph a newborn baby is under 2 weeks. This is because small babies tend to sleep deeper and are less aware of their surroundings. That’s doesn’t mean that they cant be posed after two weeks, however, they do tend to be easier the younger they are.
Why are newborn sessions longer than the other sessions? My newborn sessions usually take around 3 hours This ensures we allow enough time for settling your baby and feeds and changing. I do not schedule two newborn sessions in the same day and I will always work at the speed of baby if we require more time.
What should we bring? Please ensure you bring plenty of milk if you are bottle feeding your baby, as well as spare nappies and a dummy if you are using one. For family and/or children photo sessions you may like to think about any outfit changes, a drink, snacks or your child’s favourite toy. It's advised to ensure your child has had a sleep before your session.
What about children’s sessions? The best age to photograph babies is whenever they reach a milestone – usually 6-8 months. This is the age where they are sitting on their own and may have started to crawl already. The next age, which is also popular is 1 year. These shots could include cake smashes which have become increasing popular. Although this age group don’t tend to sit still for long they are great fun to photograph. After 1 year children have there good and bad days just like the rest of us!
What should I wear to my session? It is best to keep your clothing choices simple, logos or busy patterns should be avoided. If you are having group photographs, colour coordinating is highly recommended. Feel free to bring a range of clothing and we can discuss on the day. You can also find some more information in my booklet sent out with sessions.
How long does the photo shoot session last? Children and family sessions last approximately 1 hour and approximately 3-4 hours for a newborn session.
When do I pay for my session? Your session fee is due at the time of booking. This secures your session date with me. Any orders must be paid in full before your order has been placed.
How can I pay the remainder after I’ve paid my session fee? Payment can be made via Bank transfer, Cash or card payment.
Is the session fee I paid refundable if I cancel or don’t turn up to my session? No. If you need to change the session date then 24 hours notice must be given. If you do not turn up to the session and no contact has been sent and replied to by myself, your deposit will be lost and a rebooking session will be at the discretion of the photographer.
What happens if it rains on our location session? If the weather looks like it will rain or is raining I will contact you and offer to postpone and rearrange a more suitable time.
How many people can I bring to my session? Only parents and siblings should be at sessions unless discussed prior to your session or booked as a larger session. For newborn sessions I ask for only the parents to be present due to the size of the studio and if siblings are attending that they do so for only a short time due to the length of these sessions.
When will we see our photos? After your session the best ones will be selected and individually edited. I normally post a preview photo from the session on my blog and/or Facebook page within a few days of your session. Once they have all been individually digitally edited and processed I will contact you to arrange a viewing appointment at the studio so you can see your final images approximately 2 weeks after your session.
Do I have to purchase any products from you? No, you don’t have to purchase anything. I have no minimum spend, however it is hoped that you will want to buy something as a memory of your session. Please contact me for a full price list.
Can I put the photos on my Facebook account? If you see your images on my Facebook page, please tag yourself. If you place a digital order you can upload to Facebook ensuring that you use the watermarked images with my logo present. Please do not remove this mark of digitally enhance in any way.
How long will my images be kept for? Images that haven’t been paid for are kept for a minimum of 3 months. All images that are purchased from sessions are kept and stored for 2 years.
Where do you get your images and products produced? I use a professional photographic lab and framing company, which produces the highest professional quality.
Where will the photos be taken? Do you have a studio? Sessions will be in either my studio or on location. I have a studio that I work from but this can depend on the amount of people for the session. All newborn sessions are carried out in my studio. Children's sessions can be scheduled in either my studio or on location and with multiple children it is often a good idea to consider location images as this allows them more freedom then in a studio. Once your session date is confirmed we can discuss what type of look you would like for your photographs.
Where is your studio based and is there parking? My studio is based in the town centre of Weston-super-Mare. There is pay and display parking outside, however this is limited. There is an NCP Carpark across the road as well as the Sovereign Shopping Centre car Park
How do we book you? Please contact me via the contact link or send me an email with your session type and dates.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a major change to data privacy protection laws in the European Union (EU). It is designed to ensure data privacy and increase control of personal data for EU residents. It becomes effective May 25, 2018. Below it is explained how we collect data, why it is collected and who we share data with within the business.
Because your Privacy Matters
What information is being collected?
1.1. We collect a variety of information before, during and after you book with Coralie Kyriacou Photography and use any of our services. This includes:
• Names, Addresses and Contact Information of the person(s) using our services and/or placing an order with us.
• Names of all participants - and in some cases ages and gender, attending the photo shoot along with expectant due dates for newborns to assist with booking session dates.
1.2. If you ever e-mail us or send us messages via social media platforms, these messages are stored within our email system or social media accounts. These messages are stored for as long as practicable to allow us to provide you with better future services.
1.3. Signatures and consent are collected from you for Model Release and Contract information, these are used to comply with current laws regarding consent for minors and use of their images in both digital and printed format.
Who is collecting the data?
2.1. This data is being collected by Coralie Kyriacou, owner of Coralie Kyriacou Photography
How is it being collected?
3.1. The majority of your data is collected directly from you. This could take the form of emails, messages sent on social media, via the telephone or telling me face to face.
3.2. In some cases, data may be given to us by a third party. This includes if somebody purchases a voucher for you – they will usually give us your name and details to allow us to process their order, and provide our service to you.
Why is it being collected?
4.1. Most of the data we collect is solely for the purpose of providing you with a service you have ordered and to ensure we can provide you with a better customer service experience.
• We collect your name and contact information to address any bookings for the past, present and future and assist with any future assistance or technical support. We may also require this information for any order deliveries.
• Your name is so we can address you on a more personal way during contact through email, telephone and when your present at the studio. Your contact information allows us to contact you regarding your booking and is a way of contacting you prior or after a session if required.
• Your child's details when collected are required to allow us to provide and operate services involving that child and determining which session may be suitable for their age along with appropriate props and set ups.
4.2. We are required by law to collect and store certain information relating to any order you place with us.
How will it be used?
5.1. Data we collect will be used by Coralie Kyriacou Photography to enable us to provide our services and products to you.
5.2. Contact data (e-mail addresses) may be used to send you direct offers from Coralie Kyriacou Photography about upcoming promotions or newsletters. These can be unsubscribed from at any time on each email sent.
5.3. Coralie Kyriacou Photography may internally analyse data for business and forecast purposes.
5.4. Coralie Kyriacou Photography has a legitimate interest in using images taken in relation to your booking and may use these images (upon client’s expressed consent) in the following ways (clients are free at anytime to withdraw consent for the use of these images at any time):
• On social media for promotion & advertising purposes
• On our website for promotion & advertising purposes
• For marketing materials (business stationary, flyers, business cards etc)
• For publications/print
• For photographic competitions
Who will it be shared with?
6.1 . We take your privacy very seriously. We do not sell or share your data to third party organisations. There are a few scenarios where some of your data may be shared with third parties to allow us to provide our services to you. These include:
• Delivery and Postage Service Providers to allow us to send you documentation and orders you have placed. (Information shared includes Name, Address and in some case e-mail address)
• Manufacturers - our Professional printing labs and suppliers if we are sending an order directly to you from a lab. (Information shared includes Name, Address and in some case e-mail address)
• Mail chimp is used to send out newsletters and it stores your Name and Email Address and require a username and password to log in. My user password is encrypted which means that they cannot see our password. All your data is stored correctly and within compliance of the GDPR. You can view their full policy here - https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/?_ga=2.144015283.745930677.1527175873-286512616.1527004769
• Our company is currently hosted on a Squarespace platform. They provide us with the online platform that allows us to display our services to you. Your data may be stored through Sqaurespace data storage, databases and their general applications. All your data is stored correctly and within compliance of the GDPR. You can view their full policy here -https://www.squarespace.com/privacy
• Law Enforcement and Legal Requirements – we will provide data to law enforcement agencies if issued with a court order to do so.
How will this affect you?
7.1. We collect, store and process your data in such a way that should have no negative effect on you as an individual.
How long is the data stored?
8.1. Most data we collect is stored indefinitely. This is to allow us to provide a better service to you as a customer in the event that you contact us again in the future. If you wish to have your data removed from our system you are completely free to request so and all information will be removed from our database.
8.2. We are legally obliged to store some data for a minimum amount of time, for example sale order records, payment records etc.
Access to stored data
9.1. If you have any questions about data we hold about you, please feel free to contact us.
9.2. You may request a copy of any data we store about you – and we will comply with any requests as per the guidance of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
10.1. If you would like any clarification on how we collect, store or process your data – please contact us directly
• This business is owned and operated by Coralie Kyriacou trading as Coralie Kyriacou Photography
• Our principal place of business is at: Coralie Kyriacou Photography, Studio 10, 10 Orchard Place, Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, BS23 1QP
• You can contact us in writing to the above address, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org